ISASA Teachers Internship And Learnership
- The applicant must be studying towards their B.Ed. Degree, preferably in their third or fourth year, or studying towards their PGCE.
- Interns work a minimum of 20 hours per week some of which may include coaching. Phase-specific duties and conditions apply.
- Clear criminal record
- One year commitment
- Will receive a monthly stipend
- be enrolled as a Bachelor of Education student, or another appropriate teaching qualification, with an accredited distance learning institution;
- be suitable to work in the Pre-Prep (Grades 000-R); Junior Prep (Grades 1-3) or the Senior Prep (Grades 4-7);
- display excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- be actively supportive of the school’s Christian ethos;
- be actively seeking to develop him/herself professionally in a school environment that is committed to providing a quality education;
- be enthusiastic and passionate about working with young people;
- be able to work and cooperate in a professional team environment with school management and fellow interns;
- be innovative and comfortable using technology in the classroom;
- be able and willing to participate fully in the school’s Extra-Curricular and Aftercare Programmes;
- have a valid driver’s licence;
- have strong values, be self-motivated and disciplined.
St Stithians College
- A passion for the Performing Arts and in particular, Dramatic Arts
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Dramatic Arts/Performing Arts
- Currently studying (or planning to study in 2024) a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- An interest in the progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
- A passion for teaching and an understanding of the development of teenage girls
- The ability to foster and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- An ability to be flexible, innovative and embrace change
- Provide assistance, guidance and supervision to students in the extra-curricular Dramatic Arts programme, including senior student practical exam preparation and run the Junior Drama Club
- Assisting with workshopping and devising productions (Grades 10-12)
- Assisting with preparing students for practical assessments at the end of each term (Grades 8-9)
- Willingness in integrating IT into your teaching and learning
- A fundamentally future-orientated approach to teaching and learning
- An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team
- An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
- An understanding that this role will require after hours work in the evening and over weekends
- Ability to promote and embrace diversity and inclusion
- Proof of a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
- Be committed to their studies and demonstrate a genuine desire to become a Teacher
- Provide proof of current studies/registration through a recognised tertiary institution for Foundation Phase
- SACE registration
- Have a keen interest in education and children;
- Show integrity, honesty and reliability
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player
- A professional and flexible approach, including the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be prepared to uphold the Ethos and Values of the School
- Criminal clearance
Marist Brothers Linmeyer
- have a matric certificate;
- be in 3rd or 4th year of study towards a distance-based Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree or be registering for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE);
- be specialising in Intermediate, Senior and Further Education and Training phase;
- have proof of provisional registration with SACE;
- have a proven track record of academic rigour at a South African university; and
- be a South African citizen.
St Anne’s Diocesan College
- Be at least 20 years of age
- be pursuing a PGCE or be a 4th year BEd (Senior or FET) student in 2024, who is at least 20 years of age
- be pursuing or intend to pursue a career in teaching
- be physically fit, for outdoors adventures
- St Anne’s is a girls’ school, and preference will be given to female students, who are prepared to live in single accommodation on campus, and to take responsibilities in the boarding houses
- have a driver’s license (not essential but would be advantageous)
- have clear criminal clearance certificate
Cornwall Hill College
- Manage the Grade 10 Subject Choice process.
- Manage the Grade 11 Career Choice process.
- Assist Grade 12 pupils with filling in of tertiary institution applications.
- Design and facilitate study skills courses.
- Design and facilitate examination preparation courses.
- Assist new pupils with academic orientation.
- Organise career days, school visits and other related events.
- Establish relationships and liaise with local and overseas universities.
- Psychometric testing and report writing.
- Assist with IEB applications for Accommodations and Concessions
Graduate Apprentice Art & Design
- A National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts, Graphic Design or a similar degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is ideal. We are also open to candidates who have a Bachelors of Education degree but who have strong experience in a similar Art / Art & Design role
- SACE registered
- You have a solid understanding of the Cambridge Art & Design Curriculum (ideal)
- You have strong technical knowledge of Visual Arts & Graphic Design
- You have a solid understanding of the printing and related media, printmaking, 3 dimensional studies, photography and digital based media, graphic communication and textile design.
- You can provide evidence (i.e. a portfolio of work) of related work
- Ability to lead a classroom independently
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
HOW TO APPLY