Please follow these steps.
People wanting to apply for the R350 grant can now do so by making use of Sassa’s WhatsApp line. The WhatsApp line can be accessed by saving the following number as a WhatsApp contact: 082 046 8553. which is a customer engagement platform that handles Sassa related services, among other things.
Here’s how to submit your R350 grant application using the WhatsApp line
• Open a chat with the Sassa WhatsApp line number (082 046 8553) that you’ve saved as a contact
• Send a text saying “Hi”
• An automated response will prompt you to then text “help”
• Once you’ve done this, another automated response will inform you of the services offered on the WhatsApp line. Text “4” in order to access Sassa related services
• Type “SRD” to apply for the Social Relief of Distress (SRD)
• State whether you are completing the application for yourself or someone else
• Follow the prompts and submit your personal details in order to complete your application for the grant
Sassa has urged all applicants who have already applied on the website to not reapply via the WhatsApp line. This is to avoid having multiple applications under the name of one applicant.
In order to apply for the new R350 grant, applicants must first ensure that they meet the new grant requirements, which state that a person must be:
• South African citizen, permanent resident, refugee, a holder of a special permit under the Special Angolan Dispensation, the Lesotho Exemption Permit Dispensation; Zimbabwe Exemption Permit Dispensation; or an Asylum seeker with a valid section 22 permit or visa;
• Between the ages of 18 and 60
• Residing in the borders of South Africa
• Registered on the Home Affairs database or on Sassa’s social grant database for individuals without ID documents.
• Not living in a government Institution or subsidised institution
• Not have an income more than R350
• Not receiving covid-19 social Relief of Distress