How To Apply For SASSA Food Parcel Voucher
You can apply for a SASSA food parcel by going to your nearest South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) office. The application form is not available online, but you can get it at your nearest SASSA office.
Submit your application with the following documents:
- your 13-digit bar-coded identity document and your children’s birth certificates.
- If you do not have an identity document and birth certificates, an affidavit from your local police station, chief, councillor or religious leader may be enough proof.
- Show proof that you:
- have applied for a grant
- have had an emergency (e.g. provide a police report that your house burnt down)
- have tried to get maintenance
- have no other support
- are married, divorced, or single
- have no income
- have a short-term medical disability
According to SASSA, households can still apply for assistance on How To Apply For SASSA Food Parcel Voucher
SASSA says preference will be given to grant beneficiaries who, for whatever reason, did not receive their grants for April, for example, through fraud or where a temporary disability grant lapsed in March and the beneficiary could not get to a SASSA office to re-apply if they are still unable to work.
The second category is people who have no income whatsoever and who reside at home – not in temporary shelters or other facilities where meals are provided, or clients of existing Community Nutrition Development Centers (CNDC’s).
SASSA says applicants already in receipt of a grant do not qualify.
Applicants will be subjected to screening and need to provide the following information:
* ID number
* Contact number, and
* Reason for request
Applications can also be made via email by sending the information to email@example.com