How to start your own business: How to start a small business
1. Go online to the website of CIPC and register a new company for R175. Registration is R125 & the name is R50.
2. Go to SARS, do a tax clearance for free (book an appointment to avoid waiting in line).
3. Open a business bank account. Most banks have “starter” accounts with monthly fees less than R500.
4. Go to your nearest Seda, ask them to do a business plan for you, for free – Plus other training that might be relevant to your field.
5. Go online, register on the CSD, for free
6. Go to your municipality & ask them to register you on their database as a supplier, for free
7. Go to your nearest NYDA, attend their financial management short course for a minimum of 5 weeks (once a week), for free
8. Apply for the NYDA funding for free. They can give you equipment for up to R50 000. You don’t pay it back.
9. Hire people & register for COIDA, Letter of good standing at the Department of Labour
10. Professionalize your business with: Logos, letterhead, business email, website, landline
11. Start an innovative business that is needed by people
12. Watch 2 YouTube videos every day
Starting a business isn’t difficult if you use the resources available to you.
Let’s fix the economy, create jobs, and make our own wealth
GO make a difference