Tips for a successful Interview
Tips for success during an Interview
Congratulations! You’ve got a job interview, but what do you do now? Check out these top tips for success to use during your next interview.
Here are some tips:
- If it is a face-to-face interview, Google the address and make sure you have the right directions to get there.
- If it’s a digital or online interview, test the meeting software and your internet connection beforehand to make sure you know how it works.
- Be slightly early for the meeting. 10 to 15 minutes is enough time to show you are prepared and professional.
- Maintain good posture, don’t slouch.
- Speak clearly and calmly. Practicing your answers before the interview will help with this.
- Maintain good eye contact with the interviewer(s), even in an online interview, look at the camera on your phone or laptop.
- Listen and don’t interrupt the interviewer.
- Thank the interviewer for the opportunity to interview before leaving. Kindness and friendliness get you jobs!
- Be ready in case they want to do a skills test.