How to apply for general worker job at Transnet – Requirements For A General Worker At Transnet
The world is changing and the internet has made it possible for us to take charge of our own careers. Everything we need to know about how to get things done is just a Google search away. I remember when my father wanted to apply for a job at Transnet, he had to go through hell and back just to gather all the relevant information about the requirements for that specific job, not forgetting spending a lot of money on transport and maybe accommodation if he was coming from far off places. Things are now different, you can actually go online and find all that you need. Below are the requirements for general workers at Transnet: How To Apply For General Worker Job At Transnet
The content title should be in sentence case (for example, “Here’s why your content title shouldn’t be in ALL CAPS”). The section labels are an example of what could be used as headings (for example, “Introduction”) and should follow sentence case formatting. The section content should use smart punctuation (for example, em dashes) with appropriate capitalization, word usage, and grammar rules. All sections must have at least 1 paragraph of content (this means 4-5 sentences). However, there’s no limit on lengthier sections—go as long as you want! You’re also welcome to add additional sections as needed/wanted. For example:
Transnet invites interested qualified candidates to apply for Transnet general worker vacancies posts.
Transnet is a South African state-owned transportation and logistics company that is responsible for the management and maintenance of South Africa’s rail, ports and pipelines.
In order to be employed as a general worker at the Transnet you must meet the following requirements.
- You must have grade 10 certificate.
- Your age must be between 18-35years old.
- You should be a South African citizen with a green barcoded ID/Smart ID/Passport or Asylum document etc.
- You must have no criminal record and should not be convicted of any crime.
Grade 10 certificate is a minimum requirement for general workers at Transnet
How to apply for vacancies at Transnet?
Introduction: Introduces the blog post
Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
You must have a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with a minimum of 50% in Mathematics and Physical Science. In addition, you must have obtained a minimum of 50% in English, as well as in a home language and another home language.
If you are applying for the position of Mechanic/Electrical Technician/Switchboard Operator Grade 6 or similar positions at Transnet Freight Rail, your application will not be considered unless it meets all the criteria listed above.
Must be medically and physically fit to perform the job.
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Must be medically and physically fit to perform the job.
- A valid South African ID book or passport is required in order to be employed by Transnet.
A valid Code B South African Driver’s license will be an advantage.
If you have a valid Code B South African Driver’s license, it will be an advantage. The code of the driver’s license is indicated on the top left side of every photo identification card or piece of paper that has your name and photo printed on it.
To get a Code B license:
- You need to go through a written test first;
- After passing this test, you will be given a date to appear for an eye test;
- If you pass this eye test, you will then book an appointment with another administrator for blood tests (you must do both these tests within 30 days);
- Once all three tests are done and passed successfully, apply for your Code B license at any nearest Transnet/SAA office or call them up on 0861 111 222 and ask them how much it costs to apply online or at their office (you can also apply directly online).
Be in possession of a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work in dust-laden, air-conditioned environments.
You must be in possession of a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work in dust-laden, air-conditioned environments. You must also be able to provide a valid passport or any international travel document/certificate. This can include: ID book, birth certificate or voter’s ID number. If you do not have any of these documents, then you will need to get them urgently so that they can be submitted to the relevant department at Transnet before being employed as a general worker with them.
The following are other requirements set out by Transnet: You must also be in possession of a valid code B South African driver’s license and your own means of transport (i.e., car).
Be in possession of a valid Passport or any international travel document/certificate, to support the application process.
- Ensure that you are in possession of a valid Passport or any international travel document/certificate, to support the application process.
- You will also need to be able to produce a Birth Certificate and ID book (if applicable). If you have lost your identity documents and are unable to get replacements, please contact your nearest South African embassy or consulate with this request in order to avoid complications associated with processing the application..
Have all the relevant documents before you apply.
You will need the following documents before you can apply for a position:
- A valid passport or any international travel document/certificate
- Medical certificate of fitness to work in dust-laden, air-conditioned environments
- Valid driver’s license
To be considered for Transnet general workers vacancies, you must meet the requirements. A Grade 12 certificate is compulsory for this position. You also need to be physically and medically fit to do the job. Having a Code B driver’s license is an advantage but not a necessity. Again, make sure you have all the required documents before submitting your application form.